Climate Change Conversation Starter & Prayer Activity
Sunday 31 October 2021 - Let’s Go COP26!
Take: journal, art supplies, instruments … anything to express yourselves.
Ask: What are our hopes and dreams for our world?
- How big are your dreams? Can you dare to dream your biggest, wildest dreams for the world? What is the world’s new normal?
- With the COP26 conference starting today. We know the opportunity is great and that we are in a pivotal time. The window for averting the worst outcomes of the climate crisis is closing. We need political action and cooperation on a massive scale.
Pray: this as a family. Sit still for a few moments. As you sit, let hope for our world and its people rise in your heart. Feel hope rise from the tips of your toes to the top of your head. When you feel ready, turn this into prayer. Allow yourself to move freely; give yourself permission to let the hope in your heart form the prayers from your soul. (You might like to listen to music, write in a journal, draw or paint, get up and dance and sing, or sit still in the quiet.) Imagine throwing open the windows of possibilities. Pray the big prayers and dare to have holy ambition and hope for a new normal.
Pray: for the Holy Spirit to come at COP 26! You can intercede as a family, using the following prayer points to pray as a family:
- for hope and ambition to be at the heart of COP26 rather than worry and uncertainty;
- for transformation and breakthrough to be achieved at COP26 that will create a positive impact for the future;
- for world leaders at COP26 to make joint commitments to get us on track for 1.5 degrees, and for a safer future for us all.
“Then the angel showed me the river of the water of life.
It was as clear as crystal. It flowed from the throne of God and of the Lamb.
It flowed down the middle of the city’s main street. On each side of the river stood the tree of life, bearing 12 crops of fruit. Its fruit was ripe every month. The leaves of the tree bring healing to the nations.”
Revelation, 22:1-2, NIVR